The world as I see it

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hearts desires

I've been thinking lately about life, and all the confusion and questions and complications it brings with it. Life would be so much easier if you knew what you wanted and went for it, instead of always having doubts, second guessing yourself, and forever obsessing over the could'ves, should'ves, maybes and what ifs. But how does one go about finding what they really want? Is it just a matter of looking deep in the longings of your heart and finding it there, does one find it through praying or do you just know, because it feels right and perfect and good. I struggle. I struggle with not knowing my hearts desires. I struggle not being able to distinguish the voice of my heart from my head, which are saying two different things. How can that be? And where is God in this? Where is He speaking from, my heart, my head, neither? Why is it that we want something that we don't have, and then when we have it, we suddenly don't want it anymore, and turn to something bigger and better. Is it the thrill of the chase, are we like children, wanting something even more, because someone has said no, or is it simply for personal satisfaction, proving to others, and ourselves that indeed we can obtain that ellusive prize, therefore ultimatly gaining approval and perhaps acceptance. I want to be selfish and get what I want, have the person that I desire desire me, have the life I long for, be that person I aspire to be. I want to get what I want and not be left with it's bitter taste in my mouth.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm.. you seem frustrated grogeous. And I think I know what you're referring to- I hope it all works out
    -Amanda

     
  • At 12:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heheh- I meant "Gorgeous"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home