The world as I see it

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Baking/cooking = hazzardous!!!

Oh my goodness I am seriously starting to think that I should never cook or bake again!! This week, I decided to actually cook something for supper, instead of eating soup or sandwiches. Anyways, the short story is (b/c I will look even more like a tool if I tell you "how" I did it!), I burned my finger on the red hot burner.... It hurt sooo bad!! Janice took me to the doctor, turns out it was 2 degree burn. haha... It's much better though! THEN - last night I was baking muffins for Bible Study, and apparently there was some paper stuck to the bottom of the muffin tin. Obviously I failed to notice this. So anways, with like 5 minutes left on the timer, I checked the muffins to see if they were ready yet. I opened the oven, pulled the muffin tin forward (don't worry - I had the oven mitt on), apparently I dislodged the paper that was on the bottom of the tin, and it falls to the bottom of the oven. I go to close the oven, something catches my eye, open the oven again, and the piece of paper mentioned above, is on FIRE!!!! AUH!!! I quickly close the door, frantically thinking of what to do, when I decide that hey - I want those muffins!! So I open the oven door, get out my muffins, and frantically blow the fire out. So in just one week, I have not only burned myself, but also tried to burn down my house. Hhmmm...... maybe I should get a fire extinguisher.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home